How do I file a foreign business in Tennessee?

A Certificate of Authority to transact business in Tennessee may be filed online or by paper if your Corporation, Nonprofit Corporation, or Limited Liability Company was formed in another state.  Foreign Limited Liability Partnership and Foreign Limited Partnerships must be filed by paper.  All paper forms can be found on our Business Forms and Fee page.