The Division of Charitable Solicitations, Fantasy Sports and Gaming assists and protects Tennessee citizens by informing them about charities seeking their contributions. The division does this through the following activities:
- Requiring certain types of charitable organizations who solicit contributions to register their activities with the division.
- Requiring professional fundraisers to register with the division.
- Reviewing applications of qualifying 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(19) charitable organizations who wish to hold an annual gaming fundraising event, such as a raffle or a reverse raffle
- Requiring those who raise money to pay for the medical or related expenses of an individual with a catastrophic illness to establish a trust, and to file written notice to the division about the trust.
The division seeks to:
- Make the information obtained from the above activities available to citizens to assist them in making decisions about their charitable giving, and
- Assist charitable organizations meet the legal requirements as they relate to charitable fundraising.
- Enforce the laws relating to charitable fundraising
Citizens will find a large amount of useful information here to assist them in determining if a charitable organization which is fundraising is meeting the legal requirements to do so, and if the organization is one to which they wish to donate.
Organizations will find the applicable laws and definitions to assist them in fully complying with the law.
Division of Charitable Solicitations, Fantasy Sports and Gaming
Mona Hart, Director
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue
8th Floor, William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower