NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee businesses and charitable organizations can save time and a trip by filing paperwork with the Secretary of State’s Business Services and Charitable Solicitations and Gaming divisions online.
“Over the last decade, we’ve worked to make it easier to do business with our office online,” said Secretary of State Tre Hargett. “Tennesseans can file their business and charitable paperwork such as registrations, annual reports and other documents with our office online, saving time and postage.”
The Secretary of State has online filing capability for business documents, charitable documents, UCC filings and remote online notaries. These documents can be submitted and paid online. Filing online usually reduces the turnaround time for approval and some filings are approved instantly. For business services filings, tutorial videos are available under the videos section on sos.tn.gov/business-services.
Online filing links for the Division of Business Services:
- New business formations and registrations: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/RegistrationInstr.aspx
- Annual reports: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/AnnualReportInstr.aspx
- Certificates of existence: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/CertOfExistenceInstr.aspx
- Dissolutions: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingSearch.aspx
- Terminations: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingSearch.aspx
- Registered agent changes or resignations: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingSearch.aspx
- File an assumed name: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingSearch.aspx
- Register a remote online notary: https://sos.tn.gov/products/business-services/online-notaries-public
- UCC filings: https://tnbear.tn.gov/UCC/ecommerce/default.aspx
Online filing link for the Division of Charitable Solicitations and Gaming:
To register a charitable organization, renew your registration, file an extension request, file a summary of financial activities, or file a quarterly financial summary report or request an exemption visit: https://sgssos.tn.gov/Login.aspx
To access our online filing applications, please use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera. Online registration and renewal fee payments will require a credit or debit card. If you want to pay with a check, please use a printable form available on our website, sos.tn.gov.