What if I do not receive or ruin my ballot and can no longer use it?

If a voter notifies the election commission that he or she has “spoiled” a ballot or has not received the ballot, the election commission shall note on the records that subsequent supplies have been sent and supply the voter with subsequent voting supplies.

After timely requesting an official absentee ballot, Armed Forces personnel and overseas voters who feel that there may not be a sufficient amount of time to receive and then return the voted ballot may also use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB).

Instructions for completing an FWAB, the FWAB ballot and envelopes may be found at FVAP.gov.

Note: If both ballots are received prior to the close of the polls on election day, the county election commission will count the official ballot it provided to the voter.