Our Vision and Mission
The vision of the Holston River Regional Library, and its counterpart regional libraries across the state of Tennessee, is that the citizens of Tennessee will have the information they need for personal growth and development.
The mission of the Tennessee Regional Library System is to make libraries better by:
- assisting local governments and public libraries in the development and improvement of public library services;
- assisting libraries in the selection, maintenance and use of library technologies;
- providing supplementary library materials and digital content to member public libraries and facilitating the preparation of materials for public use;
- facilitating the sharing of resources between libraries through a delivery system;
- providing opportunities to participate in shared automation systems;
- and providing continuing education to local library staff and trustees.
The Holston River Regional Library is located in Johnson City, Tennessee, providing a central location to the counties it serves: Carter, Cocke, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi, and Washington.
The Holston River Regional Library provides a wide range of services to its 27 member public libraries, including leadership and guidance, materials support, technology support, and training.
The Holston River Regional Library Center acts as a service link between the Tennessee State Library and Archives (Tennessee Department of State) and the library boards and public libraries in its ten-county service area. The regional library coordinates local library services and provides certain services to the public and to the member libraries.
Holston River Regional Library
170 W. Springbrook Drive
Johnson City, TN 37604
|Legislators||Public Libraries in the Region||Staff||Trustees|
Library Information Systems Specialist
Technical Services Assistant