The ListServ is to be used
- to provide an open forum for discussion of any library related topic
- to distribute technical information to libraries
- to alert libraries to technical issues
- Postings of a commercial nature are prohibited
- No politics or religious discussions
- No "flames" of any kind (flames are emotionally charged statements)
- No spamming
- Subject line - include a subject in each posting
- Who are you? At the end of your message, include your name, email address and name of library with additional contact information if appropriate
- No blatant marketing. Information about new products or major innovations are acceptable
Which address to use?
- Use email@example.com for commands only (i.e. subscribe, set, signoff, etc.)
- Use firstname.lastname@example.org to send email messages to the listserv.
You may subscribe to the TN-Libraries listserv by typing email@example.com in the TO: line of your email. In the text portion of the email, type; subscribe tn-libraries Jane Doe where Jane Doe is your name.
You will receive an email confirmation. This is to confirm that the email address you are using is valid. Please read the confirmation. You must reply OK to be officially subscribed. Once you have received your confirmation, you will receive a list of instructions via email and a statement that says you've been added to the TN-Libraries mailing list.
Sending Messages (remember send to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
To send a message to the TN-Libraries Listserv, type the following in the To: line email@example.com
Remember, when you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org you are sending the email to everyone who has subscribed to the list
Replying to the List
If you wish to ask a question or make a comment to the entire subscriber list, use the reply key on your email system.
If you wish to reply to an individual, you must type or copy that individuals email address into the TO: line.
Stay on topic/subject. Only reply with information pertaining to what is typed in subject line. If you wish to start a new topic/subject, please send a new email to email@example.com.