The ListServ is to be used
- to provide an open forum for discussion of any library related topic
- to distribute technical information to libraries
- to alert libraries to technical issues
- Postings of a commercial nature are prohibited
- No politics or religious discussions
- No "flames" of any kind (flames are emotionally charged statements)
- No spamming
- Subject line - include a subject in each posting
- Who are you? At the end of your message, include your name, email address and name of library with additional contact information if appropriate
- No blatant marketing. Information about new products or major innovations are acceptable
Which address to use?
- Use email@example.com for commands only (i.e. subscribe, set, signoff, etc.)
- Use firstname.lastname@example.org to send email messages to the listserv.
You may subscribe to the TN-Libraries listserv by typing email@example.com in the TO: line of your email. In the text portion of the email, type;
subscribe tn-libraries your email address your name (example: subscribe tn-libraries firstname.lastname@example.org Jane Doe)
You will receive an email confirmation. This is to confirm that the email address you are using is valid. Please read the confirmation. You must reply OK to be officially subscribed. Once you have received your confirmation, you will receive a list of instructions via email and a statement that says you've been added to the TN-Libraries mailing list.
Sending Messages (remember send to: email@example.com)
To send a message to the TN-Libraries Listserv, type the following in the To: line firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, when you send an email to email@example.com you are sending the email to everyone who has subscribed to the list
Replying to the List
If you wish to ask a question or make a comment to the entire subscriber list, use the reply key on your email system.
If you wish to reply to an individual, you must type or copy that individuals email address into the TO: line.
Stay on topic/subject. Only reply with information pertaining to what is typed in subject line. If you wish to start a new topic/subject, please send a new email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Commands (remember to send all commands to: email@example.com)
- Vacation or Extended Absence:
If you are going on vacation or will not have access to your email system for an extended period, you should set your subscription to nomail. Do this by sending an email with the following command in the body (text) of the message: set tn-libraries nomail
- Returning from Vacation or Extended Absence:When you return to work, send the following command in the body (text) of the email: set tn-libraries mail
- Unsubscribing/Signing Off Listserv: If you wish to leave the listserv, type signoff tn-libraries in the text portion of the email.
- Concerns or questions please contact Lisa Walker.