Instructions to Form or Register a New Business
Who Can File Here
- Anyone wishing to form or register a business entity that has not previously been registered with the Tennessee Secretary of State.
- Certain registrations can be filed and paid for online (credit/debit card required), although the selection of certain options will require that documents be printed and mailed to the office of the Secretary of State.
- In most cases, the option is available to print the registration information on the correct form to mail to the Secretary of State.
A check for the appropriate filing fee must be included.
What You Can Do Here
- File or prepare formation documents to form a business that will be based in Tennessee.
- Register or prepare documents to obtain a Certificate of Authority to transact business in Tennessee if your business was formed in another state.
- A Convenience fee will be charged if filing fees are paid online by credit or debit card. (LLC Formations: $8.25, Corporations: $4.25)