The Secretary of State’s office has partnered with colleges and universities across the state to host voter registration drives during National Voter Registration Month. We provide basic materials to host a drive and encourage participation in the #GoVoteTN social media campaign. If you are interested in hosting a drive on your campus, contact the Division of Elections at 615-741-7956 or Tennessee.Elections@tn.gov.
Do you want to host your own voter registration drive? Here are some tips to running a successful drive:
- Set a time and location with high traffic volume.
- Promote your event beforehand through social media, school wide emails, contact student or community organizations, fliers, etc.
- Contact your local county election office to get voter registration applications. They can also help answer any questions about the process. Click here to find your county election commission.
- Get out from behind the table and ask people if they are registered to vote!
- Participate in the #GoVoteTN social media campaign! Click here to get your sign.
- Make sure you are aware of the voter registration deadlines (30 days before an election) and get the completed forms turned in ASAP.
Other Helpful Links & Resources:
Want more information about elections and voting in Tennessee? Check out the Elections homepage or visit GoVoteTN.com.