How do I request an absentee ballot if I am in the military or overseas?

Military personnel, their family members and overseas voters (UOCAVA voters) may request an absentee ballot by completing a Federal Post Card application, also known as a “Form 76 or FPCA” (herein Form 76).  Once the application is complete, the form may be mailed, faxed or emailed as an attached document which includes a scanned signature to your local county election commission office. The Federal Voting Assistance Program provides a Form 76 that a voter may complete and send to the local county election commission.

When completing the form, Tennessee requires the voter's full social security number in Block 1.  You may receive your absentee ballot via email or mail depending on your selection in Block 5.  Block 2 requires your Tennessee residential address.  Block 3 requires the address to which you want your ballot sent and must be completed even if your ballot is being emailed to you.

UOCAVA voters may track their ballot using our voter lookup page. Enter your information and you will be able to track when the ballot was sent to you and when your voted ballot was received by the local county election commission. If you need assistance, contact your local county election commission office.

The voted ballot must be received by the local county election commission office by the close of polls on election day to be counted.

For additional information on military and overseas voting, click here.