Update: Imaging Orders & Microfilm Digitization
Thank you for your patience during our move. We are now able to accept new imaging orders. As the transition from the old building to the new one continues, some materials are currently unavailable as they are being moved. Therefore, some of our collections will not be available for us to digitize until further notice. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your order can be fulfilled at this time.
Imaging Services Fees (updated 4/13/2021)
|Order Type||Image Size||Price|
|Digital image, standard size (already scanned)||original item under 11 x 14||$10.00 ea|
|Digital image, standard size, new scan/rescanned||original item under 11 x 14||$15.00 ea|
|Digital image, oversize (already scanned)||original item 11 x 14 or over||$20.00 ea|
|Digital image, oversize, new scan/rescanned||original item 11 x 14 or over||$30.00 ea|
|Prints||Non-standard size, maximum 24" wide||$40.00 ea|
|13 x 19||$30.00 ea|
|11 x 14 or A3||$25.00 ea|
|Oversize/Fragile handling fee||For items over 36" x 50" or fragile materials||$25/hr (one hour minimum)|
|Stitching fee||For oversize items, digitally stitching multiple scans into one image||$10/stitch|
|Rush Fee||5 Business Days (from time/date payment is received)||100% added to total cost|
|Media||Flash Drive||determined during quote process|
|Microfilm digitization||16mm and 35mm reels||$90 per reel (on flash drive, included in fee) + postage|
|Delivery||Electronic transfer via hightail.com||Free (not available for digitized microfilm or prints)|
|U.S. Postal Service (Domestic Only)||determined during quote process|
|Federal Express||Charged to Patron's FedEx account|
|International Delivery (via FedEx)||determined during quote process|
Use the Ordering Information page to help complete your order.
What Is Included:
- The Digital Work Group reproduces images as they appear in the original negatives or prints. Digital imaging orders include scanning, straightening & cropping to a small border around the outer edge of the item. Cropping to focus on image details is not included.
- Print orders include printing the desired image on a standard size of archival paper (no trimming of prints is included).
- Microfilm digitization orders include each frame of microfilm in digital format on a flash drive, numbered sequentially per roll. Each flash drive will have one roll of images, unless the roll is very full or higher-resolution/TIFs are requested. If multiple flash drives are needed to fulfill an order, additional media fees will be charged.
- A single page = one scan/print. Multiple pages will incur additional imaging/printing fees.
- Special handling and rushes will incur additional fees as per the above chart. If we determine that a request requires additional fees, we will discuss during the quote process.
- Items are printed on two types of paper depending on patron's need or request.
- Epson glossy photographic paper (standard sizes listed above, from 11" x 14" to 13" x 19")
- Epson archival matte (standard sizes listed above, from 11" x 14" to 24" wide)
- Imaging Orders
- 10 business days from time and date payment is received (includes up to 20 images)
- Orders under 10 business days are considered rush and are quoted as such:
- 1 scan $30.00 + 100% ($30.00) = $60.00
- Rush orders are limited to one rush order per patron at a time.
- Rush orders are limited to 20 images per order.
- Rush order turnaround time starts at the time payment is received.
- Orders larger than 20 images may take longer then standard turnaround time.
- Microfilm Digitization
- Four week standard turnaround time for orders under 10 rolls. Turnaround time for orders of 10 or more rolls will be determined during the quote process.
- Rushes are not available on digitized microfilm orders.
Please Ask Us a Question if you need help finding images or placing an order.