Imaging Services Fees (updated 4/13/2021)
|Order Type||Image Size||Price|
|Digital image, standard size (already scanned)||original item under 11 x 14||$10.00 ea|
|Digital image, standard size, new scan/rescanned||original item under 11 x 14||$15.00 ea|
|Digital image, oversize (already scanned)||original item 11 x 14 or over||$20.00 ea|
|Digital image, oversize, new scan/rescanned||original item 11 x 14 or over||$30.00 ea|
|Prints||Non-standard size, maximum 24" wide||$40.00 ea|
|13 x 19||$30.00 ea|
|11 x 14 or A3||$25.00 ea|
|Oversize/Fragile handling fee||For items over 36" x 50" or fragile materials||$25/hr (one hour minimum)|
|Stitching fee||For oversize items, digitally stitching multiple scans into one image||$10/stitch|
|Rush Fee||5 Business Days (from time/date payment is received)||100% added to total cost|
|Media||Flash Drive||determined during quote process|
|Microfilm digitization||16mm and 35mm reels||$90 per reel (on flash drive, included in fee) + postage|
|Delivery||Electronic transfer via hightail.com||Free (not available for digitized microfilm or prints)|
|U.S. Postal Service (Domestic Only)||determined during quote process|
|Federal Express||Charged to Patron's FedEx account|
|International Delivery (via FedEx)||determined during quote process|
Use the Ordering Information page to help complete your order.
What Is Included:
- The Digital Work Group reproduces images as they appear in the original negatives or prints. Digital imaging orders include scanning, straightening & cropping to a small border around the outer edge of the item. Cropping to focus on image details is not included.
- Print orders include printing the desired image on a standard size of archival paper (no trimming of prints is included).
- Microfilm digitization orders include each frame of microfilm in digital format on a flash drive, numbered sequentially per roll. Each flash drive will have one roll of images, unless the roll is very full or higher-resolution/TIFs are requested. If multiple flash drives are needed to fulfill an order, additional media fees will be charged.
- A single page = one scan/print. Multiple pages will incur additional imaging/printing fees.
- Special handling and rushes will incur additional fees as per the above chart. If we determine that a request requires additional fees, we will discuss during the quote process.
- Items are printed on two types of paper depending on patron's need or request.
- Epson glossy photographic paper (standard sizes listed above, from 11" x 14" to 13" x 19")
- Epson archival matte (standard sizes listed above, from 11" x 14" to 24" wide)
- Imaging Orders
- 10 business days from time and date payment is received (includes up to 20 images)
- Orders under 10 business days are considered rush and are quoted as such:
- 1 scan $30.00 + 100% ($30.00) = $60.00
- Rush orders are limited to one rush order per patron at a time.
- Rush orders are limited to 20 images per order.
- Rush order turnaround time starts at the time payment is received.
- Orders larger than 20 images may take longer then standard turnaround time.
- Microfilm Digitization
- Four week standard turnaround time for orders under 10 rolls. Turnaround time for orders of 10 or more rolls will be determined during the quote process.
- Rushes are not available on digitized microfilm orders.
Materials at the Library and Archives are available for purposes of education, personal use, historical research, and other "fair use" as defined by U.S. Copyright Law. While the Library & Archives houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. The Library & Archives does not assign rights or license materials. Users are solely responsible for determining the copyright status of items, for filling ou the Image Use Form, and obtaining necessary permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use. Users wanting to publish items in Tennessee Historical Society (THS) collections held by the Library and Archives must contact THS to get permission to publish, and pay any associated fees directly to the Tennessee Historical Society in addition to imaging order fees assessed by the Library & Archives.
The Library & Archives requires that the following credit line accompany all reproductions of our items used in publications, productions, and websites: "Courtesy Tennessee State Library and Archives." If space is available, the following data should be included before the courtesy line: Item Title, Collection Name, Accession Number, Storage Location, ID# and Owning Institution. This information can be found in TeVA in the metadata below the item.
Please Ask Us a Question if you need help finding images or placing an order.