Temporary Suspension of Microfilm Duplication (updated 12/3/2020)
Because the Tennessee State Library & Archives is moving to a new building, some patron order activities will be temporarily suspended. Microfilm duplication orders will be suspended starting December 1, 2020 through March 2021.
Ordering Duplicate Reels of County Records Microfilm
Please consult the Inventories of County Records on Microfilm for a listing of available records. Roll-by-roll listings for individual counties are being added to the Tennessee State Library and Archives Web site on an on-going basis. County inventories not yet available on the web site for Knox County.
Interested in microfilm digitization? See how to order and schedule of fees here.
To place an order for positive microfilm duplicates, download and complete the Microfilm Duplication Order form:
- Determine county and microfilm roll number
- Determine if roll is 16mm or 35mm microfilm
- Send payment for total number of rolls ordered:
- $30.00 for 16mm rolls
- $35.00 for 35mm rolls
- (The cost of postage and handling is included in the cost of the rolls on small orders.)
- Make check payable to Tennessee State Library and Archives (credit card orders must be placed via telephone)
- Send order with correct payment to:
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Attention: Preservation Services
1001 Rep. John Lewis Way N
Nashville, TN 37219
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-741-2997.