Revolutionary War

Tennessee did not have any designated units during the Revolutionary War, as it was not a state at that time. We recommend that you contact the state from which your Revolutionary War ancestor came to inquire about available rosters and records. We have a published list of Revolutionary War pensioners, with detailed information about their pension applications, from which we can copy entries. You may visit the Ask Us a Question! web page to send us an e-mail with the name of the individual, and we will check to see if there is a listing in the index. The Library and Archives will respond to e-mail requests promptly; response time may vary, depending on the amount of research required to answer your question and the unique nature of your request. If you need immediate assistance you may call the reference desk at (615) 741-2764 or visit us in person.

For additional information, please visit our web site for military records on microfilm.

For copies of original service and pension records of Revolutionary War soldiers, contact the National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, D.C. The National Archives web site has information about ordering military records: Access to Military Service and Pension Records.