NHPRC Funded Records Projects in Tennessee Through THRAB
Serving as the review authority for all applications seeking funding support from the NHPRC for records projects, the THRAB advises the NHPRC on the suitability of the proposals submitted from state institutions and organizations. In the last five years, projects in Tennessee which have been funded by the NHPRC include:
Digitization Projects - Publicly Accessible
- Blount County Archives & Records Management: digitized minute books.
- Bristol Public Library: digitized local Bristol Tennessee-Virginia city directories prior to 1944.
- Cumberland University Stockton Archives: digitized the Cumberland Collegian and Cumberland Kick-Off.
- Etowah Historical Commission: digitized L&N drawings and photographs.
- Martin Methodist College yearbooks
- Maury County Archives: digitized selected documents from the Garrett Collection.
- Metro Nashville Archives: add digitized materials to their Audiovisual Heritage Center.
- Museum Center at 5ive Points: digitized Magic Chef scrapbooks.
- Pink Palace: digitized Artesian Water Company Records
- Sergeant York Patriotic Foundation: processed and later digitized some of the Sgt. Alvin C. York Archival Collection.
- Southern Baptist Historical Library and Archives: digitized issues of the Baptist and Reflector.
- T. Elmer Cox Genealogical and Historical Library: digitized Andrew Johnson Collection and marriage records.
- TennGreen Land Conservancy: ongoing digitization of Mack Pritchard items.
- Trevecca Nazarene University Thrasher Archives: digitized photographic negatives of Trevecca; digitized the Treveccan/Messenger.
- Webb School Library and Archives: cleaned and digitized World War I glass plate negatives.
Digitization Projects - Internal
- Bellevue United Methodist Church Archives: attended training webinars on digitization.
- Chucalissa C.H. Nash Museum: digitized photo negatives from excavations and special events.
- Historic Rugby: digitized Rugby's Board of Aid to Land Ownership correspondence.
- Sullivan County Archives: digitized marriage licenses
- Aquinas College: Environment monitoring devices and supplies to properly house the Monsignor Flanigen Collection.
- Blount County Archives & Records Management: supplies to process probate records dated 1797 through the 1970s.
- City of Johnson City: shelving and drawer storage for flat files
- Coffee County Historical Society: supplies to catalog and rehouse photographic negatives.
- Country Music Hall of Fame: supplies to process images captured and published by the Music City News.
- Dyer County Archives: supplies to process interstate files, supplies to clean and rehouse County Court Books.
- Fentress County Historical Society: supplies to rehouse at-risk collections.
- Friends of Cedars of Lebanon State Park: hiring contract staff to process and rehouse at-risk collections related to the State Park.
- Giles County Archives: supplies to rehouse at-rish collections.
- Highlander Research and Education Center: hiring contract staff to create an organizational records management plan and process papers.
- Houston County Archives: supplies for rehousing photographs.
- Johnson County Public Library: hiring contract staff to clean and inventory government records.
- Lincoln County Archives: hiring contract staff to process State of Tennessee civil and criminal court cases dated 1847 to 1931.
- Mosheim Public Library: hire part-time staff to inventory and organize history collections and supplies for rehousing.
- Museum Center at 5ive Points: shelving and supplies to rehouse at-risk collections; supplies and hiring contract staff to care for scrapbooks.
- Overton County Archives: public computers for patrons to access records and research.
- Sam Davis Home: supplies to rehouse at-risk collections.
- Stewart County Historical Society: shelving for at-risk collections.
- Sullivan County Public Library: shelving for at-risk collections.
- Travellers Rest Historic House Museum: process the Arabian Horse Collection.
- Tennessee Conference United Methodist Church Archives: hiring contract staff to process church records.
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center: hiring contract staff to inventory archival and founding documents.
- Tennessee Walking Horse Museum: cleaning and conservation of 16mm vintage film of the Tennessee Walking Horse Show.
- Washington County/Jonesborough Pulic Library: supplies for rehousing genealogical collections; began finding aids
- University of Memphis Special Collections: supplies for rehousing oversized collections; supplies to rehouse Gov. John S. Wilder papers.