The Tennessee State Library and Archives is pleased to provide a grant opportunity to public libraries across Tennessee using the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds. This $2,500,000 grant is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The ARPA Grant is available for public libraries, and you are welcome to apply for any or all these categories:
- Technology equipment
- This would look very similar to our traditional technology grants and provide funding for hardware, software, networking equipment, peripherals, and other technology items.
- Individual items requested may not exceed $5,000.
- Website design
- This category would provide funding for libraries to hire for the purpose of creating or redesigning their website and would also include hosting fees.
- May include website hosting fees during the grant period
- Digital materials – e-books, e-audio, Playaway devices, etc.
- Library materials - print and physical audio/video
- Library Furniture and Equipment
- This would provide for furniture and equipment to improve social distancing for patrons and staff, for ADA accommodations, or to provide private workstations for patrons to access telehealth and workforce development services.
The local match has been reduced for this grant, and a match is required for every category. Match requirements are according to population served and those populations will be taken from the OSAP from 2019/2020 as that is the last one that has been approved and signed:
Up to 9,999 5% local match, maximum request $20,000.00
10,000 to 49,000 10% local match, maximum request $25,000.00
49,001 to 100,000 20% local match, maximum request $30,000.00
100,001 to 200,000 20% local match, maximum request $40,000.00
200,001 and up 20% local match, maximum request $50,000.00
Please Note: Requests may exceed the maximum but will be considered a lower priority.
The grant contract will begin on July 1, 2021 and end on June 30, 2022, which will allow you to use grant funds for purchases from July 1st forward, even though a fully signed contract will not be in place until later if your financial processes allow for that. Please be aware however, no grant payments will be processed until the contract is in place.
Applications can be sent via e-mail, fax, or mail We do not require original signatures to be submitted. Application submittal information can be found on page 16 of the application.
The deadline for applications was Thursday, August 12, 2021.
ARPA Grant Application Fillable Form
ARPA Grant Application