COMING SOON: Prospective Applicants will soon be able to find a list of all Certified Application Assistants here. The Safe At Home Program will begin accepting applications for program participation on March 1, 2019.
How do I become an Application Assistant?
- Those who want to become application assistants must submit an application to the Office of the Secretary of State and complete a training program designed to prepare them to assist applicants in the application process and taking full advantage of the program.
- An application to become a Certified Application Assistant can be found here. If you are interested in becoming a Certified Application Assistant, please contact the Safe At Home Program directly for more information on upcoming trainings or to schedule a training in your area..
Application Assistant Responsibilities
- Meet in person with a potential participant and complete the Safe at Home application materials
- Work with the client to determine whether the Safe at Home Program should be a part of their overall safety plan
- Explain the Safe at Home Services and statutory guidelines to clients
- Forward all completed application to the Safe at Home program within 4 hours of completion
- Adhere to the terms and conditions of the Safe at Home Application Assistant agreement
- Notify the Safe at Home program of any changes in their contact information or if they no longer wish to serve as an application assistant
Note: Application Assistants are not permitted, at any time, to provide legal advice to potential program participants, unless otherwise authorized to do so by law. If you have any questions concerning the Safe At Home Program or the information contained here, please contact the Safe At Home Program directly or seek advice from your own attorney or advisor.