Prospective Applicants can find a list of all Certified Application Assistants here. The Safe at Home Program will begin accepting applications for program participation on March 1, 2019.
How do I become an Application Assistant?
- Those who want to become application assistants must submit an application to the Office of the Secretary of State and complete a training program designed to prepare them to assist applicants in the application process and taking full advantage of the program.
- An application to become a Certified Application Assistant can be found here. If you are interested in becoming a Certified Application Assistant, please contact the Safe at Home Program directly for more information on upcoming trainings or to schedule a training in your area..
Application Assistant Responsibilities
- Meet in person with a potential participant and complete the Safe at Home application materials
- Work with the client to determine whether the Safe at Home Program should be a part of their overall safety plan
- Explain the Safe at Home Services and statutory guidelines to clients
- Forward all completed application to the Safe at Home program within 4 hours of completion
- Adhere to the terms and conditions of the Safe at Home Application Assistant agreement
- Notify the Safe at Home program of any changes in their contact information or if they no longer wish to serve as an application assistant
Application Assistant Trainings
April 30th, 2019 9:00am to 11:30am
Knoxville Family Justice Center
Host: Captain Greg Faulkner, Knox County Sheriff's Office Family Crimes Unit
400 Harriet Tubman St, Knoxville, TN 37915
TO SIGN UP: https://signup.com/go/ydYbJEw
May 2nd, 2019 9:00am to 11:00 am
3030 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38111
Host: Phillis Lewis Memphis Family Safety Center
TO SIGN UP: https://signup.com/go/XhKoQqD
May 17th, 2019 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Pigeon Forge Public Library
2449 Library Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Host: Stacy Scruggs, Safe at Home Program Coordinator
TO SIGN UP: https://signup.com/go/EMdDTJC
September 20th, 2019 10:00am to 12:30am
The Family Safety Center
610 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210
Host: LaToya Townsend
TO SIGN UP: https://signup.com/go/NpwRpmg
Application Assistants are not permitted, at any time, to provide legal advice to potential program participants, unless otherwise authorized to do so by law. If you have any questions concerning the Safe at Home Program or the information contained here, please contact the Safe at Home Program directly or seek advice from your own attorney or advisor.