Admission to the Tennessee State Library & Archives is free.
Make the most of your visit to the Library & Archives by scheduling a research appointment. Our experienced team members can help you build a list of relevant collection items prior to your visit, and can often pull some of the items in advance. During your appointment time, you’ll be able to independently explore the selected resources. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your research needs and preferred appointment time to get started.
The Library & Archives is conveniently located on the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park at the intersection of Rep. John Lewis Way N. and Jefferson St. across from the Tennessee State Museum and the Nashville Farmers’ Market.
1001 Rep. John Lewis Way N.
Nashville, TN 37219
Facebook: Tennessee State Library & Archives
Blog: Tennessee State Library & Archives Blog
- The Exhibit Lobby is open to the public Monday through Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT.
- The Library, Microfilm, and Manuscripts Reading Room is open to researchers Tuesday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT.
- The Legislative History area is open Tuesday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT.
- The Library for Accessible Books and Media (LABM) is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT.
- The Library & Archives is closed on State and Federal Holidays. Click HERE for a list of closure dates. Please plan your visit accordingly.
- Operating hours are subject to change. Please check our website and social media for updates or contact us at 615-741-2764 or email@example.com.
The Tennessee State Library & Archives is excited to offer their popular guided Second Saturday Tours of the new state-of-the-art building again this year. On the second Saturday of each month from July to October, Library & Archives staff will give guests a behind the scenes look at the new building. Tours begin every hour, on the hour, starting at 10 a.m. with the last tour beginning at 3 p.m. These events are free to the public.
Guided Tours of the Library & Archives are available by request, Tuesday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your group tour.
The Library and Archives offers year-round, free, curriculum-based and on-site interactive classes for students. Our educational programs focus on providing students with the hands-on opportunity to engage with historical documents in group-centered exploration. To schedule a field trip at the Tennessee State Library & Archives, visit our “Field Trip” page to learn more or email us at email@example.com
Walking: The Library & Archives is conveniently located on the northeast corner of Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park directly across from the Tennessee State Museum.
Driving: The Tennessee State Library & Archives is located at 1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North, immediately south of Jefferson Street. Click HERE for driving directions to our location.
Tour Buses: Hop On, Hop Off tours offered by both Old Town Trolley and Gray Line have a stop near the Tennessee State Museum and Nashville Farmers’ Market. The Library & Archives is a brief walk across Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park.